Hello,

raimo+open...@erix.ericsson.se (Raimo Niskanen), 2021.03.01 (Mon) 14:30 (CET):
> The disk showed up as a 4k sector disk, and after installing OpenBSD 6.7
> over USB over the mSATA-SATA adapter I plugged it in the internal mSATA
> connector, and it did not boot.

I've recently had the same encounter. 14TB HDD in an external USB
enclosure, to sync the data to it before putting it in the machine.

The disk showed 4k sectors in the external enclosure.

After days of data transfer (~11TB) I finally put the HDD it in the
machine and learned the same lesson as you did: the 4k sectors turned to
512 byte sectors when connected internally via SATA.

Unpleasant, but actually OT for an OpenBSD list, I'm afraid.

Marcus