Am 13.03.22 03:38 schrieb i...@tutanota.com:
> (...)
> In my 30 years of doing sysadmin work, I have never - not even once - come
> across a
> situation where a normal editor like vi or nano or something equally simple
> didn't
> exist on the install media.

Maybe I am wrong, but I am thinking you like to use Linux based OS's
because you expect something like nano on install media.
If so, why don't simply boot from one of those countless linux live CDs?

You could even end up editing your files with a mouse-mandatory fancy KDE
whatever editor...

Besides that I want to thank the devs for including ed(1).
It was more than once a livesafer to me in MY years of doing sysadmin
work.
...and I can remember at least one time exactly the same situation
with a broken fstab(5) ;-)