Christer Solskogen <christer.solsko...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 1:23 AM Theo de Raadt <dera...@openbsd.org> wrote:
>
> > Is this specific to a particular network driver?
> >

> Probably not, but I can't be sure as I haven't tried all of them but it
> happens on both re (APU1) and em(APU2).

Since you have the situation happening, can I ask you to do two tests.
Use ktrace against dhclient (without the recent execve change), and also
against dhcpleased.  then use kdump with the -R and -T options, and look
at the timestamps to study dhcpleased's timing behaviour for querying.
If there are lessons found in the timing of dhclient, maybe dhcpleased
can become more forgiving.