On 14/03/06, Constantine A. Murenin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 13/03/06, Ramiro Aceves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Why do you say that? Gnumeric works nicely under Linux. No problem at all.
>
> If something is broken, it is broken. Period. Just because it seems to
> work on Linux every time you try it, doesn't mean that they have no
> programming mistakes in the code. It literally takes years for some
> mistakes to be discovered, just look in the archive of how many bugs
> were found in very popular third party software after 'malloc(3) has
> been rewritten to use the mmap(2)' in OpenBSD 3.8 (google for the part
> in quotes).

And here is the link to the proper article about this:
http://undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20051224192032

I think it is now apparent that most OpenBSD developers aren't
interested in fixing these bugs in every possible piece of software
(which makes perfect sense to me -- one always has limited resources
to spare -- why fix those GPL-style bugs? I'd rather see more free
software fixed).