On Sun, Sep 25, 2022 at 02:21:00PM -0700, Kastus Shchuka wrote:
> Seems you need a dummy HDMI plug

Although a dummy HDMI plug is the quick and easy fix, if this is
caused by a software problem in OpenBSD, (rather than being
caused by the BIOS, for example), then if everybody just 'fixes'
it by buying extra hardware, the real problem will never get
identified and fixed.  So _everybody_ ends up having to buy an
extra piece of hardware.

Even if you don't have a serial console to interact with the
machine and debug the issue, you could at least see if the
boot process is getting to and beyond the bootloader by
observing the amount of disk accesses.

It could be that simply as disabling the DRM driver in the
kernel will allow the machine to boot.

In any case, a dmesg from the affected machine so that we can
see exactly what hardware is in it would be useful.