Hi,

Please fix your email client to correctly attribute quotes in list mail that
you reply to.

On Thu, Jan 05, 2023 at 02:13:53PM +0000, Nathan Carruth wrote:
> Thank you for your response (apologies that I just saw this).
>
> I will have a look at the file you mentioned.
>
> I am curious what you mean by this:
>
> ??? Backing up, restoring or
> otherwise messing with the softraid metadata without using the standard tools
> is an advanced subject???
>
> as far as I know there aren???t any standard tools for doing any
> of this? If there is, it is probably all I need.

The standard tools, (basically bioctl), allow you to create softraid volumes,
change the passphrase and do a few other tasks.  I published a separate
program to resize crypto volumes.

This is all that most users need.

You are asking about and trying to do something that is completely outside the
scope of being 'supported'.  It's not recommended, nor considered to be
useful.