On Thu, Feb 16, 2023 at 07:13:50PM +0100, Daniele B. wrote:
> Thanks David, thanks Mike.
>
> In the meanwhile I also investigated a little bit..
> By memory (my case) is the following, I'm with Thunar on XFCE (without gnome
> services):
>
> tracker3-miner depends on nautilus
> nautilus depends on file-roller
> file-roller depends on thunar-archive-plugin (omg.. optional)
>
> Indeed connecting everything something nasty to think about, this tracker..
>
> What is your best advise?

Am a bit late but in case of doubt:

chmod a-x `which tracker-miner-fs-3` && ls -axl `which tracker-miner-fs-3`

and see if you are good during next few days. Yes -> leave it like
that, chmodded. Sure, some part of your desktop may seem a little bit
unusable. OTOH, maybe it is redundant and one can live without it?

Install Midnight Commander, perhaps? Warning: it does not have
trashcan, so there is no "undo" (unless something changed during last
twenty years). On the plus side: optionally works in vt100 mode (only
one option to choose from), does not display unnecessary icons. Big
plus: I am rather sure it will work with Gnome 15, still like a charm,
always like a charm (if you ask me - a real gem of a software).

I also like dired-mode in Emacs, but for this to work, one has to like
Emacs. Actually, one has to love Emacs. "Like" is not enough in this
case.

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola