Gabriel George POPA wrote:

Thank you Joachim. Now, regarding spamd(8), I knew that I need help from pf. Regarding SpamAssassin: I did pkg_add, I followed the instructions on modifying /etc/procmailrc I started spamd (spamc should have been called for every message). Nothing happened.
No mail message was scanned.

You have to tell sendmail to pass the message to procmail.
See the part about sendmail.cf in procmail's manpage.

Regarding that sysctl: shouldn't we add it?
Thats not how it works here.
Either you write a patch or stop complaining about the lack of features.

Regarding the upgrade: I will build the distribution using this machine (3GHz P4, 1GB RAM) - my server is not under heavy load in this
period of the week. I just hoped binpatch could be a better solution.
OpenBSD doesn't supply binary patches, and this isn't going to change. See the archives for more information.

Good luck,

Hans