Hello,

I’m blind, and therefor I’m using a refreshable braille display.
In Linux, support is provided by the BRLTTY daemon.
It doesn’t work under *BSD, and as far as I understand, it has to do with the
way the console driver is providing data.
However, it could run within a screen session.
In fact, OpenBSD has a port of BRLTTY for that purpose, but it’s a very old
version, which wouldn’t work with todays hardware.

My question is, can someone take a look at BRLTTY, and see if it’s possible to
get it work natively with *BSD?
Perhaps things has changed in the last couple of years, so it is possible to
get it working without having to use screen.

If it’s possible, it would be nice if it could be integrated into the OpenBSD
base system, and made available in the installer as well.
That way, a braille user can install OpenBSD without sighted help.

Just to keep things clear, a braille user can of course access a OpenBSD system
using braille, either via a serial console or ssh, from a linux machine.

The homepage for BRLTTY is:
http://www.brltty.com

Thanks!

Regards, Martin