On Mon, 2023-09-11 at 23:21 -0700, Eric Demer wrote:
> > > (I am considering getting a laptop with openBSD, but have
> > > not yet done so, which is why I can't easily check on my own.)
> > >
> > > Does openBSD come with a web browser?
> > > The "the FAQ and" parts of https://www.openbsd.org/mail.html
> > > suggest that it does, but I haven't found any more
> > > detail regarding this at https://www.openbsd.org/ .
> >
> > Quite frankly, if you're incapable of using one, I'd steer clear.
> > The answer to this is the result of a very basic web search.
> > Cheers!
>

> Perhaps I should steer clear anyway, but what's probably
> the reason I didn't find that answer may change things.
>
> Specifically, do you find that information with a basic web search
> while using none of    Stackexchange , Reddit , Youtube , Google  ?

I use Duckduckgo.
Yes, a search engine is required.

I often find information of value in all the above mentioned sources,
along with a substantial level of crap.
Welcome to the freedom of the Internet.
Long may it rain on us.

> For the reasons explained in the following paragraphs, I am
> not willing to use those four sites.  I still got into results saying
> that one _can easily install_ Firefox on openBSD, and remember at
> least one result saying that some people _use_ Lynx _on_ it, but
> those
> didn't address whether there's one that comes _already_ installed.

$ grep _flags /etc/rc.conf | cut -d '_' -f 1

> I did go into results saying that one _can easily install_
> Firefox on openBSD, and remember at least one result saying
> that some people _use_ Lynx _on_ it, but those didn't
> address whether there's one that comes _already_ installed.
> The other search results (from using duckduckgo) I found
> that mentioned openBSD - as opposed to just freeBSD -
> were all from stackexchange and reddit and youtube.
>
> I left Stackexchange when it adopted Terms according to which,
> them changing those terms other than the arbitration clause
> as I am scrolling a page on their site would result in
> me being bound by whatever they changed the Terms to.
> Since the trigger for those Terms was something like,
> using their Network in any way, I have never intentionally
> gone back there, and have left immediately when I've
> accidentally when I've accidentally gone back there.
> (In particular, if they no longer have
> such Terms then I don't know that.)

Stackexchange is an excellent source.
I'm a regular part of the LaTeX mob there.
Play a minor role in other categories.

> My brief search for Reddit's Terms brought up Reddit
> result previews suggesting that Reddit's Terms are also
> such that according to them, using their site to view
> their terms would constitute acceptance of those terms.
> Furthermore, according to
> https://github.com/OpenTermsArchive/contrib-versions
> /blob/main/Reddit/Terms%20of%20Service.md
> ,  the changes provision in Reddit's Terms manages
> to be even worse than that of Stackexchange's Terms:
> Its change-acceptance is from access to or use of "the Services on or
> after the Effective Date of the revised Terms", and it does not say
> the Effective Date can't be _before_ the revised Terms were posted.
>
> Youtube's Terms are better, but (0) it's Google, and
> (1) the "launch a new product or feature" exception is
> merely a timing restriction:  It's not limited to changes
> that have anything else to do with the new product or feature.
> Google's Terms seem to have the same changes provision.

If you spent as much time chasing down the information you need rather
than being obsessed with `Terms', you would have had your answers some
considerable time ago.
It's information you're after.
There will always be `Terms' involved with any level of social
interaction.
Cheers!

--
`One day, the great European war will come out of some damned foolish
thing in the Balkans'.

-- Otto von Bismarck (1888)