Hi,

Daniele B. wrote on Wed, Nov 15, 2023 at 06:17:21PM +0100:

> I just came accross the last little problem regarding the locale of my
> system: in Claws Mail the date in message pane is displayed in %x
> formatĀ (result=mm/dd/year) to adapt to the current locale.
>
> I started to change locale to my system in all the possible ways
> without luck. If I set it_IT I got yes the right language but the same
> result for the date (in the message pane).
>
> In the end going in Claws Mail display settings the option allows me
> to specify the parameters for the date format. "man strftime" I found
> something useful (an year/mm/dd), although not exactly a simple
> dd/mm/year format yet.
>
> Dispite these details and knowing that en_US.UTF-8 with "C" locale
> profile is reccomnded to us, I take the time to gently ask about
> the support for any european date locale profile and any feedback
> about any eventual work-in-progress?

Even if someone would provide libc patches to provide LC_* support
other than LC_CTYPE, i would veto them, even if they were correct and
very simple (they cannot be simple, though).  Reliable and predictable
output is much more important than such quibbles.  The C library is
totally the wrong place for any such functionality.

Yours,
  Ingo