On Fri, Nov 17, 2023 at 06:29:02AM +0000, tux2bsd wrote:

> > > Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > well, if you're nitpicking things which don't matter
>
> I would have rather not have needed to look at all.
>
> Useful: when was a change made, who to contact.
> (strangely enough, easy to provide via SOA)
>
> OpenBSD list: fuck that, deflection is more fun
>
> >> Host openbsd.org not found: 2(SERVFAIL)
>
> Someone should prevent that from happening again.
>
> tux2bsd

"Someone should prevent that from happening again" thanks for you
insight. We never would have thouhgt that up.

In this case using a time based SOA serial would have only told you
when the last working zone was created as the primary DNS was
ServFailing and the secondaries kept on serving what they had for the
SOA expiry period.

As for the contact address: it's mostly a spam attractor, I can
understand very well it's not a working address.

Anyway, why continue whining? The issue was spotted and fixed.

        -Otto