>you claim the SOA serial being a timestamp would have helped in
diagnosis.

Actually, I did not.

tux2bsd:
>> The SOA record could do with some attention too.
>> That is true but it doesn't help when trouble shooting.

Those comments were simply an observation passed along after
I raised the issue, the trouble shooting was already done.

You assumed I was only talking about a single event in the
past.  Nope, the comment was generalised:
"when trouble shooting" - today I can troubleshoot example.com

tux2bsd:
>> a mistake or a software problem?
Otto:
> The people running the OpenBSD project and its
> infra decide what to share, not you.

I don't see where I decided what OpenBSD would share, I only
asked a simple question.

So, was it a mistake or a software problem?  It would
actually interesting.

tux2bsd

p.s. Isn't it fun LARPing as cantankerous chaps.