> There is also some ironic stuff behind these happenings: if you have
> the possibility to check your lost long file names you will discover
> that the most significant information are contained in the first 99 chars.
>

> Nowarez Market <my2...@has.im> wrote:
>

> > Clearly the problem is that from the user prospective in these kind
> > of events all the information contained in the longer file names are
> > lost.
> >
> > A file copy from Android is always completely transparent to the user,
> > anyhow. Android open behavior "doesn't help" copping with these long
> > names: if I copy files from an Android tablet and only after some
> > days I retrieve them..information are lost in OpenBSD.
> >

> > Nowarez Market <my2...@has.im> wrote:
> >
> > > I have a fat32 usb stick that I use to transfer files
> > > from/to my Android tablet since years.
> > >
> > > I just want to drop the hint that Android manage
> > > to render the file names exceeding 255 chars offering
> > > the user the long form anyway while OpenBSD strictly
> > > apply the FAT specs rendering these file names
> > > in the 8 chars format.

To be honest I don't understand the problem you described.
(Maybe because english is not my native language?)

But I can say that I've never had any problems with the long filenames
on all of my devices whether these are usb-sticks or anything else.

Maybe your android device did something so that an other OS can't detect
the long filenames and maybe you can fix this by enforce -l which should
be set by default but who knows...