> Am 03.02.2024 um 03:44 schrieb Brian Conway <bcon...@rcesoftware.com>:
>
>> Why do you run such an outdated postfix snapshot?
>
> That is the latest version that is supported/available in packages-stable:
>
> https://cdn.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/7.4/packages-stable/amd64/

While we have not encountered the TLS issue with Gmail (see below) we are in
the same boat otherwise. postfix-3.8.20221007 seemed like the newest version a
while back and so we are running that version. Going back to 3.7.9 seems like
it may be a partial step backwards.

Meanwhile Postfix 3.8.5 (along with versions 3.7.10, 3.6.14, 3.5.24) seem to
have become a stable releases [1| but alas there are no OpenBSD ports for these
versions yet.

So instead of directing people to the older stable release version 3.7.9 maybe
a better plan would be to eventually create a port for 3.8.5?

BTW: On OpenBSD 7.4-stable amd64 using postfix-3.8.20221007p12 I was able to
send and receive emails to/from Gmail without problems. So maybe Mark has some
sort of configuration issue? Note however that we are not using the
-sasl2-mysql flavor of the port so that might make a difference?

Mike

[1] https://www.postfix.org/announcements/postfix-3.8.5.html