Michael Hekeler <mich...@hekeler.com> writes:

Am 11.03.24 19:04 schrieb beecdadd...@danwin1210.de:
I'm not stupid, of course I know about -o

Am 11.03.24 18:37 schrieb beecdadd...@danwin1210.de:
...why still ask redundant question?

isn't this a rather strange way of communicating for someone who is
looking for help ;-) ??

Indeed. :-) Having spent a lot of time over the years trying to help people with tech stuff, i'm going to soapbox for a bit:

Part of the issue can be that, at the point someone is asking for help on a public forum, they might well have spent quite some time working on the problem, and so are quite frustrated. However, they might not be aware that it's very common for people to spend little time trying to solve the problem on their own (e.g. by *gasp* reading the man pages or other documentation) before resorting to public forums, which many of us can find frustrating ourselves (particularly those of us who spend quite a bit of time working on documentation).

On top of all this, many people asking for help don't understand that those who are trying to help are often trying to methodically rule out certain possible causes of the problem, and to reduce the number of 'moving parts' that need to be taken into consideration.

OP (and others), please note the above, and also take time to read e.g. https://idownvotedbecau.se/, which lists a number of common issues with how people ask for tech help. Help us help you. And be sure to check your configs for typos (e.g. via the `-n` flag on programs like smtpd(8)):

< nutbar> [root@linux!/usr/src/bind] grep "{" named.conf.newer | wc -l
< nutbar>   19314
< nutbar> [root@linux!/usr/src/bind] grep "}" named.conf.newer | wc -l
< nutbar>   19313