Hello list,

thank you for all your replies to this subject.

Manfred

On 5/5/24 03:29, Chris Petrik wrote:
Hello,

The best docs I've seen are the ones in OpenBSD they praise to provide very
nice docs, Linux by fare sucks in this regard the issue is most people who
provide howtos are just kids who try to setup a web server and document how
they did it, as well as you get 45 people replying the same out come but in
different wording which makes it confusing, but it's how the BSD community is
these days. I still run OpenBSD as a server but I stopped using FreeBSD as I
don't see how putong all the basics of a is in the ports tree and how
installing OpenBSD and having a working GUI and just need to install either
gbome xfce or kde while others require you to spend time messing with drm since
it's a port it doesn't get the same testing, then you have to add it in and
setup x11 for simple people this is too much work and this is why I've started
using Open or Net.

Too find good searches on Google is pretty much a dead boss and IRC is more
about pride and I know more and you're doing it wrong and I'm right to make it
a waste of time as well so your best bet if reading man pages or asking for
help on a ML

Sadmy these projects you need to search before you buy you can't just buy a
computer and expsct it to work in any BSD to be fare however OpenBSD has less
bs in regards to drivers and the fact that fw_update makes it easier. Never
understood the whole let's place this driver in the ports tree they make it as
hard as it can be to install it without any internet ??

Chris

Sent from Proton Mail Android