Hi,

There is no problems with performance, only tested the settings, nevertheless I will
undo the changes to the default .
I appreciate your recommendations.
By the way the website https://www.nechtan.io/articles/openbsd_minimalist_desktop.html
comes with the desktop suggestion.

By then and thanks
Manfred

On 5/4/24 18:19, Peter N. M. Hansteen wrote:
On Sat, May 04, 2024 at 03:41:28PM +0200, Manfred Koch wrote:
These specifications origin from a website

I could need your judgments to these settings, so that I can use it.
It would be interesting to hear which website recommended those settings, just
for reference.

It's hard to come up with actually generally valid answers to this kind of
question.
It really depends on what you want to do with your system. I remember some
packages
(chrome comes to mind) that have instructions in the package readme file to
tweak
some of the login.conf parameters. If the software you want to use comes with
instructions of that kind, it may be a good idea to follow those suggestions.

Otherwise I would as a general rule leave things at the defaults unless you find
a specific reason not to.

Hm. Back in the day I did some conference tutorials on "transition to the most
recent OpenBSD release", with some desktop/laptop oriented tweaks I had found
useful myself. Some of those tweaks may still apply, but some are likely to
be outdated or just plain wrong to start with. But perhaps an updated version
would be useful to somebody?