https://man.openbsd.org/syspatch


On Wed, Sep 30, 2026 at 8:25 AM Kapetanakis Giannis
<[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We rely on nsd and unbound from base for our DNS infrastructure, so I'd like 
> to understand how updates to them are handled for -stable.
>
> Errata 022 for 7.9 updates nsd to 4.15.2, from 4.14.2 as shipped with 7.9, if 
> I read it correctly.
> Upstream, in the meantime, there were:
>
> - NSD 4.14.3 security release (Jun 25)
> - NSD 4.15.0 release (Jul 7)
> - NSD 4.15.1 security release (Aug 26)
> - NSD 4.15.2 release (Sep 2)
>
> I'm asking because OpenBSD usually gets security fixes out very quickly, so 
> the gap here surprised me.
>
> I'm not complaining or demanding anything, I'd just like to understand the 
> process: how does the project decide when nsd/unbound security releases 
> become an errata, and what led to doing it now rather than with 4.14.3 or 
> 4.15.1?
> Or was it something in 4.15.2, rather than the earlier CVEs, that triggered 
> it?
>
> Knowing this would help us plan (e.g. whether to track upstream ourselves for 
> these daemons).
>
> regards,
>
> Giannis
>
> ps: Stuart, none of this is aimed at you. My question is about the process, 
> not the people doing the work. Much respect for everything you do for 
> OpenBSD, not only nsd and unbound.
>
>
>

Reply via email to