On 2026-09-30, Christian Schulte <[email protected]> wrote:
> Am 30.09.2026 um 18:32 schrieb H. Hartzer:
>> I think this is largely a hardware support thing and you'll have a range
>> of supported speeds. Like you might have 800MHz, 1200MHz, 1800MHz, and
>> finally 2200MHz.
> It is. I failed to find a way to program the hardware clock generators
> in any way to accomplish this. It's like soldering a different quartz
> onto the PCB. I understand that.
>
> Maybe I need to explain what made me ask for this. Timeouts used by e.g.
> cnd_timedwait or pthreads_cond_timedwait and functions like those
> internally use CLOCK_REALTIME or CLOCK_MONOTONIC. The issue with this is
> that those clocks advance "in hardware". It can well happen that the
> scheduler never provided any compute to a thread waiting on some
> condition so that the condition may well time out, although the waiting
> thread never got scheduled in between - so to say. I am having a hard
> time setting up some environment I can use to reliable test this.

not entirely reliable, but maybe run some stress processes (in ports;
e.g. in malloc mode might be good) or just a bunch of md5 -tttt to try
to starve it of cpu?


Reply via email to