I have an install on an SD card on a raspberry pi 4 currently, and would
like to move it to an NVME SSD. But I also found out that the pftf
firmware apparently gives a performance boost. In all honesty, OpenBSD
on the Pi was slower than I expected, but sufficient for my needs so did
not investigate, but this is interesting to me, more performance is
always better: https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-bugs&m=167700130813203

but the arm64 install guide mentions:
>Alternatively the system can be booted using UEFI firmware found at
>https://github.com/pftf/RPi4. Follow their instructions to install to
>an SD card and run the OpenBSD installer from USB. v1.21 is known to
>work; some newer versions may have problems.  Alternatively the system
>can be booted using UEFI firmware found at
>https://github.com/pftf/RPi4. Follow their instructions to install to
>an SD card and run the OpenBSD installer from USB. v1.21 is known to
>work; some newer versions may have problems.

a. is there still a performance difference between uboot and pftf?
b. do the newer versions of pftf actually have problems? where are they
   documented?
c. why does it mention installing the bootloader to SD, and running the
   installer from USB? can I not have a pure USB install?
d. lastly, and kind of off topic, but how can I check if overclocking in
   config.txt has actually worked from within OpenBSD?

Reply via email to