On 2006/04/10 13:51, Joco Salvatti wrote:
> I'd like to know your opinion about to major DNS servers: Bind and
> djbdns. Which one is the best (I'm not sure if I may ask it this way)?

'best' means nothing without asking what they're best for.

djbdns is pretty good at some things and terrible at others.
Same for BIND. nsd and MaraDNS are other alternatives which
are worth a look; MaraDNS has several goals in common with
djbdns (security and low-resource use) but is less quirky;
nsd is an authoritative-only server using standard BIND-
style zone files which performs well (RIPE use it for the
k.root-servers.net instances) and is easy to configure.