On 4/11/06, Ted Unangst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> rewrite units.  it can convert euros to dollars at an awesome rate of
> 94 cents per euro, but can't convert temperature.

What's worse is it *does* recognize 'degF' and 'degC' units, but the
conversion between them only does the multiply/divide by 9/5, but not
the add/subtract 32 part, so it gives incorrect results.  While this
inability is mentioned in the man page, it would be better to not
include 'degF' at all than to have it be incorrect.  Most equations
would use SI units anyway, right?  (When I first discovered the
degF/degC units grep'ing through the units library, my first thought
was that the man page was outdated and it did handle them now;
unfortunately that is not the case.)

Similarly, currencies fluctuate enough to not be worth including.

Unfortunately, this limitation of multiplicative scales only most
likely runs rather deep, and would probably require a large amount of
work to fix.

-Andrew