On 5/2/06, Constantine A. Murenin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Another thing is trusting the updated hostkey. Imagine you are a
sysadmin at a university. Do you keep the old hostkey when you
reinstall the system on a specific host? What about when you upgrade a
Sun workstation, but keep the old hostname? How am I as a student may
know if the new hostkey is legitimate? Good thing if I have an entry
of another Sun workstation in the destination network in my
.ssh/known_hosts, to which I could ssh and see if the host in question
shows the same signature 'locally', but what if I don't?

Yes, we do try hard to keep the host keys the same. I get very grumpy
at people who change host keys without a good reason.

CK