Is somebody stopping you from installing via source?

Kian

paul dansing wrote:
Is there some reason this issue is being ignored?  What, you people
need to see an exploit before you will even LOOK at it and answer
whether it is vuln?

Can someone please give a straight answer about these PHP security
holes?  OpenBSD 3.9 released yesterday had packages supporting:
php 4.4.1p0
php 5.0.5p0
are either of these vulnerable? if so, is someone going to release
updated packages (not just ports)?

the php 5.1.3 release:

The security issues resolved include the following:

 * Disallow certain characters in session names.
 * Fixed a buffer overflow inside the wordwrap() function.
 * Prevent jumps to parent directory via the 2nd parameter of the tempnam()
function.
 * Enforce safe_mode for the source parameter of the copy() function.
 * Fixed cross-site scripting inside the phpinfo() function.
 * Fixed offset/length parameter validation inside the substr_compare()
function.
 * Fixed a heap corruption inside the session extension.
 * Fixed a bug that would allow variable to survive unset().

thanks