On 5/2/06, Okan Demirmen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi - So I have this wierd problem, which is duplicated on 3 identical
machines, where I get a bunch of "bmc_io_wait fails" messages (see the
end of the dmesg).  The longer the machine is on, the more messages get
tacked on. I'm wondering what this could be. Any ideas/hints?

Something similar happened to me with X4200. marco@ committed a fix
which disables any found iic sensors if ipmi is present. This is seen
in your message as:

iic0 at piixpm0: disabled to avoid ipmi0 interactions

Try to disable ipmi on boot, and see if your problems go away. You
should see some sensors in hw.sensors provided by piixpm. Or, try to
disable iic on boot as well.

I'm sure marco@ will offer a much better answer.