Hi everybody,

I hope this is the right place to post this.

I was just installing my 3.9 release from the CDs Wim sent me (Thanks Wim!!) and right now I'm in the process of applying the errata patches. I have spent the last three hours reading the online documentation from the website when I stumbled across something I cannot explain as I read the instructions for the second errata (ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/patches/3.9/common/002_xorg.patch).

It reads:

Apply by doing:
        cd /usr/src/XF4
        patch -p0 < 002_xorg.patch

And then rebuild and install X:
        make build

This conflicts with what I did according to http://www.openbsd.org/ anoncvs.html:

To extract the source tree from the CD to /usr/src (assuming the CD is mounted on /mnt):

    # cd /usr/src; tar xzf /mnt/src.tar.gz
    # cd /usr; tar xzf /mnt/XF4.tar.gz
    # tar xzf /mnt/ports.tar.gz

I unpacked XF4.tar.gz in /usr like the web page suggests, but the patch assumes the XF4 sources are located in /usr/src. So I have no / usr/src/XF4 directory.

I assume the patch instructions are correct and the web page is wrong? I just moved the XF4 directory into /usr/src and applied the instructions from the patch. It compiled for some time and just as I'm writing this it aborted with multiple error code 1 messages in the Makefile. I guess I misunderstood something here.

Can anybody help me out please? I'm a little confused about this. Thanks.

kind regards,
Tobias W.