---- Original message ----
>Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 04:47:28 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Rott_En <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: Crypto Partition Problem
>To: misc@openbsd.org
>
>Hello
>
>Is it a risk to attempt using your recommedation ? Am I risking the integrity
of my cryptofile container ? It is 90GB big and I dont have any auxiliary backup
medium so big, taking a backup of it is almost out of hope.

i have a few encrypted disk images on my machines and i only keep shady,
non-vital stuff in them right now. any time you're serious about your data, you
should be backing it up on a regular basis. is the whole 90GB full? do read

http://openbsdsupport.org/BackupScriptExample.html

to see a good script for keeping backups.

this leads me to ask a related question (if anyone feels this is hijacking,
respond in a new thread): if you have a large encrypted disk image that you
usually mount with vnconfig, will backing up the partition on which the
encrypted image resides be sufficient to get a good backup? what if the
encrypted image is written to on a regular basis and cannot be relied upon to be
unmodified during the time it takes to dump it to a backup server? will the
backed up image be corrupted? i could try this myself, but am hella busy this
week and someone here likely knows the answer.