Hi,

I am trying to use binat for the first time. Been using OpenBSD since the 2.7 days, but never had a need for binat.

Looking at an example in the the pf FAQ, I get

web_serv_int="192.168.1.100"
web_serv_ext="24.5.0.6"
binat on tl0 from $web_serv_int to any -> $web_serv_ext

The way I think it would have to work, tl0 would be the interface on the internal network (192.168.1.X).

eg:

web_serv_int="192.168.1.100"
web_serv_ext="24.5.0.6"
int_if=tl0

binat on $int_if from $web_serv_int to any -> $web_serv_ext

If this is the case, then I will continue my thoughts...

My brain is a bit different from this example, I see connections coming in from the Internet and being sent over to the internal web server. Since this is a "binat" situation, the following should be identicle...

web_serv_int="192.168.1.100"
web_serv_ext="24.5.0.6"
int_if=tl0
ext_if=tl1

binat on $ext_if from any to $web_serv_ext -> $web_serv_int

Are these exactly the same??

Thanks,
Steve Williams