Marc Balmer wrote:
* Han Boetes wrote:

I've been working for quite some time now on an alternative
package-manager for OpenBSD, and since things start working rather
fine now I think it's time to let you guys know.

this is about the most idiotic wast of time I ever heard of.  what is
wrong with our own package tools, which at least to very dedicated and
bright people work on?

what's next?  hls?  han's own version of ls?  hcat?

Why does it matter? If he wants to do it then no one can stop him. If he makes something worth while then other people will use it. Deriding people for going against the status quo is kinda silly considering that OpenBSD does it quite frequently.

This isn't an argument to the quality of his work as I have not evaluated it. Just pointing out that he has the right to work on whatever pleases him, and that your response seems fairly agitated given that it really has very little impact on your life. Maybe I am missing something.

Breeno