Hi,

I'm trying to modify my outgoing Message-Id, with my mailer MUA (mutt) I can
configure this.  However when I try to use mail(1) it does not update the
Message-Id, I read a bit in the source and it doesn't seem to be set in
mail(1), and a ktrace shows that it pipes everything to sendmail directly.

Here is what I stuck in my sendmail .mc file:

define(`confMESSAGEID_HEADER', `<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>')dnl

That's how I'd like it to look here is how it looks in the H config in the
.cf file:

H?M?Resent-Message-Id: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
H?M?Message-Id: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I read up what the ?M? means.. it means that if the flags M are set,

Mlocal,         P=/usr/local/bin/procmail, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qSPfhn9,
S=EnvFromL/HdrFromL, R=EnvToL/HdrToL,
Mprog,          P=/bin/sh, F=lsDFMoqeu9, S=EnvFromL/HdrFromL, R=EnvToL/HdrToL,
D=$z:/,
Msmtp,          P=[IPC], F=mDFMuX, S=EnvFromSMTP/HdrFromSMTP, R=EnvToSMTP,
E=\r\n, L=990,
Mesmtp,         P=[IPC], F=mDFMuXa, S=EnvFromSMTP/HdrFromSMTP, R=EnvToSMTP,
E=\r\n, L=990,
Msmtp8,         P=[IPC], F=mDFMuX8, S=EnvFromSMTP/HdrFromSMTP, R=EnvToSMTP,
E=\r\n, L=990,
Mdsmtp,         P=[IPC], F=mDFMuXa%, S=EnvFromSMTP/HdrFromSMTP, R=EnvToSMTP,
E=\r\n, L=990,
Mrelay,         P=[IPC], F=mDFMuXa8, S=EnvFromSMTP/HdrFromSMTP, R=MasqSMTP,
E=\r\n, L=2040,

... and so they are.

But it still doesn't overwrite the Message-Id: to how I want it.

What am I missing?

Thanks for any useful replies,

-peter