For now I can and will point out the followring:
The userland pppd simply just sucks.
Sorry but it becomes realy kind of unuseable if you`ve a... "faster" line.

I had a 2MBit ADSL-Connection (192kbit/s upload) and had no problem.
Now I`ve a 18Mbit line (max, mostly 6-9) and 100kb/s (not kbit) up.

What did I noticed?
I used the binary-stuff for the only Windows-Mashine I4ve and got: ~8mbit
and ~102kb up. With OpenBSD and userland pppoe I just get ~4-5Mbit and max
~12kb upload.
I think it`s a huge difference between ~100kb and 12kb and I didn`t know
that the userland pppoe sucks so badly.

well, perhaps you check the rest of your configuration. unless you are trying
to do 18Mbit via userland ppp an a real low tech box (e.g. soekris 4501), I'd
suspect some different issues than just blaming the implementation of the
daemon. check for auto-negotiation mismatches between your NICs /
switches, MTU-Problems etc. Is there *any* indication on the box that it
can't handle the bandwith? as I understand it, userland ppp _is_ less
efficient than kernel ppp, but I will only matter _practically_ if your CPU is
maxed out.

also sometimes ISPs sell you some gigantic *theoretical maximum* adsl,
which doesn't work of because of poor line quality etc. also, I think an
up/down ratio of about 1:22 does sound like you'll only max out your
downstream on some special applications, e.g. udp-streams (video)

--knitti