On 7/11/06, Jirtme Loyet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,

I want to use the installboot (from openbsd) to linux to install a bootstrap
on a FFS openbsd disk from linux.

Is there an equivalent to installboot on linux? Has this application ever
been ported to linux ?
I'll port it to linux if nothing as already been done.

Pardon?

I think you mean, you have a linux box and you want to set aside an
FFS partition for OpenBSD on it. Is that right?

Remember that BSDs use a disklabel(8) while Linux doesn't.

I think you might want to read this:
ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/3.9/i386/INSTALL.linux

In any case, wouldn't it be simpler to just boot into an OpenBSD
install disk and work from there, rather than using installboot(8)
from within Linux?

-Nick