On 2006/07/12 11:59, Federico Giannici wrote:
> Probably you already know it: the i386 snapshot of Jul 4 (both MP and
> SP) made our system to freeze (usually after a few hours, sometime after
> a few minutes) and a couple of time made the system crash with a page fault.
>
> We downgraded to 3.9 and the problems disappeared.

When I had a bad cpu in May I hardly saw the problem with April 24
kernel (still available in snapshots/i386/non-pae) - I had to run
`stress' and `make build' together and wait a while to see it,
whereas the May 7 snapshot failed very quickly when compiling,
and after not too long with any operation.