Hi,

I have an OpenBSD 3.8 mail server running Postfix, amavisd-new,
SpamAssassin and ClamAV.

ClamAV was installed via ports ( I think ) and is version .88.  I am
trying to upgrade it to version .88.3.  I cannot get it to build from
source code.  I found what I thought to be exactly my problem at
flakshak.com:

===
1.1 ClamAV 0.88.3 Compilation Issues on OpenBSD 3.9

ClamAV fails to compile from the source code<snip>.

In order to fix this, you must edit the Configure script (before running
./configure) and find the OpenBSD section.

Open up configure with your favorite editor, and search for openbsd* and
find a line that looks like LIBCLAMAV_LIBS="$LIBCLAMAV_LIBS -pthread

Replace all -pthread with -lpthread and Viola!
===

I did this but still get this result from 'make':
===
gcc -g -O2 -o .libs/clamd output.o cfgparser.o getopt.o memory.o misc.o
options.o clamd.o tcpserver.o localserver.o session.o thrmgr.o
server-th.o scanner.o others.o clamuko.o dazukoio_compat12.o dazukoio.o
-L../libclamav/.libs -lclamav -lz -lpthread -lc_r
-Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib
ld: cannot find -lc_r
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/clamav-0.88.3/clamd (line 326 of Makefile).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/clamav-0.88.3 (line 374 of Makefile).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/clamav-0.88.3 (line 233 of Makefile).
===

I'm going to have to update this on a regular basis and need to figure
out how to do it so I'm looking for some pointers, please.

thanks,

--charlie

--
Charles Farinella