Will Twomey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Is /etc/network/interfaces file on OpenBSD as well? If not, how do I
> set up static IPs?

OpenBSD /etc configuration files are somewhat different from the typical Linux, and no, /etc/network/interfaces does not normally exist on OPenBSD.

> Is iptables included by default or will I need to recompile the kernel?

IPTables is a Linux-only thing. The firewall on OpenBSD is PF (Packet filter)

> Is the /sbin/ip command the same and included in OpenBSD?
> (Example: /sbin/ip addr add dev eth0 ipaddress)

The 'ip' command is another linuxism. If I understand your question correctly, ifconfig is the command you are looking for.

> How do I force an Ethernet's hardware address to be associated with a certain interface in OpenBSD?

Should not be necessary.

Others have suggested looking at the OpenBSD FAQ. This is good advice. Then again, if you want more of a quick start guide which directly addresses some of your concerns, you could do worse than browsing my PF tutorial at http://www.bgnett.no/~peter/pf/

--
Peter N. M. Hansteen [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.datadok.no
Datadokumentasjon A/S, Bredsgaarden 2, N-5003 Bergen, Norway