Maxim Bourmistrov wrote:
Why don't ignore them and don't buy their products?
I have already a list of vendors I'm not buying products from anymore, like
Adaptec.
I'm also encouraging people to buy products from OpenSource-friendly vendors,
like RaLink.

Taking them to task and not buying their products sets a far better example than ignoring them and not buying their products. It makes the stance of the project known, it makes the stance of the customer base known, and it send several important messages: we don't tolerate vendors who hold back from us, we don't buy from vendors who hold back from us, and we make other customers aware that vendors are holding back from them, too. You don't send those messages if you simply ignore bad vendors.

Consumer action is the second most important function a lot of OpenBSD users, like myself, can take. It goes a long way to benefiting the project and the consumer base at large. Injecting resources (purchases or donations) is probably the most important thing that users can do.

Breeno