On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 19:57:10 +0200
Robert Nagy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spake:

> That's what I am doing too! I am trying to convince all of our customers to
> not
> use the products of Open Source unfreandly vendors. And guess what? They
> are going to buy the hardware we recommend them because we know what is
> working
> and what not. And most of our customers are running Open Source operating
> systems.
>
> We had a couple of Adaptec controllers and now we are using LSI controllers.

Yeah, we are in the same boat.  We have to replace some, and will not
be using the Adaptec controllers.  LSI seems like a good idea.

If Intel was more cooperative, would it help with getting the Intel
Pro/1000MT Dual I have sitting on my desk working?  I have the version
that don't work.

If so, is that Majid's area, or is he specifically wireless?

BTW: On a side note, CARP was a big disappointment.  I set aside a
whole afternoon to set up redundant web servers...  it was like 4 lines
of code on each box.  Come on... where is the fun and challenge in
that ;)  I know the "It just works" philosophy, but geeeze.