As I wrote in the previous email, I have pkg_add'ed the damien firmware.

this means that I did

sudo pkg_add
http://damien.bergamini.free.fr/packages/openbsd/iwi-firmware-3.0.tgz

the files

/etc/firmware/iwi-license
/etc/firmware/iwi-boot
/etc/firmware/iwi-bss
/etc/firmware/iwi-ibss
/etc/firmware/iwi-monitor
/etc/firmware/iwi-ucode-bss
/etc/firmware/iwi-ucode-ibss
/etc/firmware/iwi-ucode-monitor

are there and dmesg | grep iwi tells me that the adpater has been
recognized during the boot process; what's more, I get *something*
like

# ifconfig iwi0
iwi0: flags=8802<BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
       address: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
       nwid ""
       media: IEEE802.11 autoselect
       status: no network

but I am missing the "powersave" line. I don't know whether this is
related to the problem.

It cannot be a hardware problem because the crashbox with the debian
variant ubuntu recognised the chip and I was able to connect to my
nwid

I am wondering whether this has something to do with the encryption
bit rate... I see that the maximum is 104-bit and I don't remember
which rate I chose (the wlan modem is at home, I am in the office now)

Mmmh... maybe I should try to switch off the wep and see what happens...

2006/11/28, Der Engel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Did you install the firmware?