Hi.

On 12/4/06, Karel Kulhavy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ autoconf
Provide an AUTOCONF_VERSION environment variable, please
Yes. Just do it. e.g.:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~ $ env | grep AUTO
AUTOMAKE_VERSION=1.9
AUTOCONF_VERSION=2.59

I suggest this error message to be extended with a pointer to information
how to set this environment variable. As I wrote, I didn't find any manpage
You are kidding, aren't you ?

Setting up environment variables depends on your shell.
csh/tcsh uses setenv and sh/ksh/bash uses export

but maybe there is some URL explaining this topic.
No, because you should have at least basic Un*x knowledge.

Andreas.

--
Hobbes : Shouldn't we read the instructions?
Calvin : Do I look like a sissy?