Hi,

ok... it's taken me blood and sweat but I have succeeded at resizing
(per hand) the linux disk without losing data (!). Qtparted just
didn't work at all. I don't know how but I have managed to have now
three partitions

1st partition, ~35GB, with ext3
2nd partition, ~35GB no format
3rd partition swap linux (the rest)

Now I have booted from the obsd40.iso cd but I am messed up... ahem...

When I try to follow the instructions for the dual boot I get lost in
the CHS nomenclature... I have taken a picture of the table:

www.aei.mpg.de/~pau/partitions.png

when I try to go for the disklabel thing it says the root slice just
created, of 300MB, overlaps with b, swap, which I gave 2GB... but I
don't know why... and I also don't know what's that extended DOS
thing??!

Would it be also possible to use the linux swap partition for both
systems, o'bsd and linux?

Could you please be so nice as to write in a dummy way? something like
"add a, delete b" etc?

I have the feeling that I have messed up the CHS thing and would be
VEERY grateful if you dummified the process...

I have copied these lines from the installation guide and some of the
numbers do not correspond to my disk... but I'd be grateful if you
gave me the answers...

Partition id ('0' to disable)  [0 - FF]: [0] (? for help) a6
 Do you wish to edit in CHS mode? [n] y
 BIOS Starting cylinder [0 - 9728]: [0] Here for instance I set
4659... because I see that linux goes until 4658
 BIOS Starting head [0 - 239]: [0] Enter (these numbers are from the
inst. guide)
 BIOS Starting sector [1 - 63]: [0] 1
 BIOS Ending cylinder [0 - 2585]: [0] 2585
 BIOS Ending head [0 - 239]: [0] 239
 BIOS Ending sector [1 - 63]: [0] 63

I am reading the man, I swear! and the installation guide... I guess
this is the result of many years of nice GUI applets... :(
I am afraid that the o'bsd partition should go to the first part of
the table... mmmh...
Otherwise I can do it the other way round... install obsd and then
linux... in this direction I know my way...

Cheers,

Pau