Hi everyone,

I realize that there's probably not much value in keeping backups of /var/db/spamdb, since entries have a relatively short lifetime, but it would be nice to be able to drop an existing spamdb onto another machine; or to keep last night's backup in case a spamd/firewall fails and needs to be brought back up quickly. I am content to just let spamd start over from scratch, but users do notice the delay while spamd rebuilds the whitelist. Don't you just love that glazed eyes look when they hear the answer to the question "Is there something wrong with email?" Anything to avoid the users! ;^)

I didn't see anything about doing backups of spamdb in the man pages, but I'm guessing you can't just rip it out while spamd is running. Any pointers here? I figure I should shutdown spamd and copy the database-- unless there's something else I can do while the program is running.

Thanks,
Dan