On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 05:52:51AM +0800, ronald jiang wrote:
> obsd 4.0 i386 without X on an ibm thinkpad t30
>
> a. How to map alt to meta? It's already find in ksh, but not in emacs.
> b. My hard disk really has more then 10 thounds cylinders, but fdisk allows
> 1024 at most...
> c. emacs22 compiling encounter an error which says "don't know how to make
> faces.elc"
> d. adduser in grp `wheel', but can't sudo, why?
> e. To compile mplayer, do I have to get a gmake, can make work?

a. http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/#Manuals
b. http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/#Manuals
c. edit /etc/sudoers after reading "man sudoers(5)"
d. yes, see http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/softreq.html for other
requirements
e. just use 1024 until you haven't working emacs

--
I do not fear computers.  I fear the lack of them. (c)