On 3/1/07, Karl O. Pinc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I've applied patch 009_timezone.patch to update
the tzfiles for the US DST change.  (OpenBSD 4.0)

Are the libraries clever enough to know that
the files changed or do processes need to
be restarted.

It's simple enough to reboot
the entire box but I'm curious,
and it's aesthetically pleasing if
I don't need to bring anything down.

The usual response to this is "anyone who thinks there is some
intrinsic value to uptime is stupid and/or unsecure and/or needs the
sysctl-uptime-setting patch" (or, marc balmer said it better: "why are
people so proud of their uptimes when it only show they
don't care for their systems?")

See http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/openbsd/2007-01/0669.html

(by the way, I can't find that patch, anyone know where it is?)

-Nick