On 16-Mar-07, at 3:51 PM, Karel Kulhavy wrote:

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 01:26:39PM +0000, Karl O. Pinc wrote:

It's actually really easy. Follow the first 2 steps in "man release".

Unfortunately these instructions fail with not being clear if I should use OPENBSD_4_0_BASE or OPENBSD_4_0 in step 1. It doesn't say if I should pick up the version I have currently installed (4_0_BASE in my case) or the version
whose kernel I want co compile (4_0 in my case)

Do you know the difference between -release and -stable?  Read
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq5.html

I can't imagine why you wouldn't want -stable but if you insist on only
incorporating the last patch, don't bother with cvs.  Unpack the source
tarballs that are on your cd, apply the patch and go from there.