Hi,

On Friday, 16. March 2007 21:26, JT Croteau wrote:
> This may seem like a simple question but it has been a long time since
> I've done any multimedia work on a *nix platform and never on OpenBSD.
>  I need to add a sound card to my OpenBSD desktop box for basic audio
> playback from .mp3's and cd's and to do some basic recording.  What
> would be a good PCI based card to go with?  I am currently leaning
> towards a SoundBlaster 128 or 512.

Check there first:

http://www.openbsd.org/i386.html#hardware

Then figure out what products have a supported chipset. Choose the product
that you like most.

Change the above URL if you have another architecture.

I chose a Terratec soundcard that way and I am quite happy with the outcome.

regards,
Tobias W.