OpenBSD spamd works great for blacklisting IPs,
and maybe it could be use for our blacklisting
telephone calls using callerID?

Even though we are on the 'do not call' registry
we still get 4-10 calls a day at home, and
at work its just phone spam spam spam....

Thinking about adding a modem that recognizes callerID
to my home openbsd firewall/server to have it also
monitor the phones and intercept telemarketing
calls between ring 1 and 2 and if a match then
give a false fax signal,
message or just hangup signal.

Has anyone else setup an openbsd server to hangup
phone calls by callerid?

I looked through /usr/ports/comms
and /usr/ports/telephony I think this could be
done with the port package asterisk, but it does look complex and I wondered if another package
was more appropriate than a VOIP package?

I did google some notes for [EMAIL PROTECTED]
but I did not read that it is
the same as the port ASTERISK.

-TIA.