What Would you do in the case of Telemarketers using caller ID block
(*69 for my Phone Company)

I get 2 or 3 calls a week From some stupid bank wanting to refinance a
mortage all of these calls come up Restricted or Private on Caller ID.

Sam Fourman Jr.

On 3/20/07, Jacob Yocom-Piatt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Artur Grabowski wrote:
> Paul Pruett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>

>> OpenBSD spamd works great for blacklisting IPs,
>> and maybe it could be use for our blacklisting
>> telephone calls using callerID?
>>

> Hm.. greylisting. Respond to the call with "please call back in 5
> minutes" and if they don't blacklist them.

if it's an important phone call from a known contact perhaps having a
code to bypass it would be a good idea. if you hand out your business
card and someone is busy and can't make the 2nd phone call, they get
blacklisted :(

phone calls tend to be a bit more time-sensitive than emails in my
experience.

cheers,
jake