Hello again,

Unfortunately the 'quick' keyword in my pf.conf file didn't seem to fix the issue.

The situation lies as such:

I can increase mbufs indefinitely (until I run out of memory I suppose). When I disable pf (pfctl -d) the mbufs are immediately released and the usage count drops to ~ 200. As soon as I enable pf the usage count goes up again until it finally maxes out.

This is the hardware I'm using:

soekris net4801
3x sis ethernet
1x ral wireless ethernet.

Does anyone know of any reason that this might be happening? I was suspecting that the soekris isn't fast enough to handle the packet filtering but that seems a little unlikely. There are about 100 rules all with keep state and all using the quick keyword.

I can post a copy of my pf.conf if anyone thinks that might help