Diana Eichert wrote:

bcw(4) is gone

Marcus Glocker, [EMAIL PROTECTED], knows a big deal about wireless LANs. He has been involved in many of our wirelesss driver, he has also written applications for wireless applications like rtunes. He wrote the nostromo webserver. He is certainly the person who knows how to write original code.

When it comes to bcw, a piece of hardware for that no documentation exists, he decided to use the docs the linux folks have.

He began a rewrite of a bcw driver, inspired by the work of the linux folks. His driver was not working yet, to give him a headstart, he used some code of the linux folks with the clear intent to replace it with his own. Just to make sure this shit works.

To ease his work, and to let others in our group to step in in his efforts, he committet it to our work area which we call cvs.

The linux folks tooks this as the grounds to ride attacks agains Marcus, claiming license violations.

Marcus, devoting his spare time to OpenBSD decided that this is kindergarten and best left to the Linux amateurs and deleted his driver from the OpenBSD cvs tree.

Now everyone has won, the Linux people, Broadcom and the OpenBSD users.

Thank you, Linux BCW developers!